A few calculations are needed before you begin.
1. Measure your waist and add 1/2 to 1 inch for ease.
2. Divide that measurement by the number of panels you want your skirt to have. (My skirt has 6).
3. Add 1 inch to that number for 1/2 seam allowance on either edge.
4. The resulting number is the width of the top edge of each panel.
5. Now multiply that number by at least 1.5. I multiplied my number by 3 because I wanted a fuller skirt at the bottom.
6. The resulting measurement is the width of the bottom of each panel.
9. Turn skirt inside out. Iron all seams open.
10. Place zipper face down on a seam so that the zipper is centered on the seam.
11. Pin in place and sew using a zipper foot.
15. Fold in half length-wise and iron.
16. Open up. Fold in edges to center crease and iron.