Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things!


I received some wonderful gifts from my loved ones! I thought I would take a minute and share a few of my favorites!

Two of my gifts I won in a game of Dirty Santa. My husband has 6 siblings all complete with spouses and children. Several years ago, we decided that the adults play Dirty Santa instead of drawing names. It was the best decision ever. This year, I brought a purse and wallet that I made over the summer. My husband went to bass Pro Shop and bought something that he wanted. Anyway, I was chosen to go first and I lucked out on the first gift. My sister-in-law found these wonderful shopping bags at Pier 1. Inside was a Rachel Ray cookbook and Vera Bradley make up bag.

To revive my workout, I got some Mizuno running shoes and an MP3 player. I am not much on name brands. I just needed something that I could download my own music but also had a radio tuner so I could tune into the TV stations if I chose.

But the best present of all, the family cookbook. Thirteen years ago, my soon-to-be-sisters-in-laws put together a family cookbook for our Christmas gift in honor of our spring wedding. It was named Stewed Crow after a recipe submitted by my father-in-law. Well this year, it got a face lift and Stewed Crow become Stewed Elk (yes, another recipe from my father-in-law!) It is full of everyone’s favorite recipes, family pictures, and stories. Some recipes were submitted in honor of another family member. When Stewed Crow was first published, Uncle John was still in Medical School and submitted “Ramen Noodles with Cheese”. This year, Uncle John resubmitted that recipe in honor of Charles, the first grandchild to attend college. Thank you so much Rachel!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you made out like a bandit! Happy New Year!

mub said...

I have the larger capacity version of that MP3 player and I -love- it!

n*stitches said...

Great Mub! I have never really downloaded music before...this ought to be interesting. I was going to work on it today!