This is a busy week for us. Luckily, some of the grocery items I already had available, so shopping was easy yesterday. Here it is:
Sunday: Seared Ahi Tuna, vegetable fried rice, and fruit salad
Monday: (Christmas Program at the School) Spaghetti
Tuesday: Turkey and artichoke over puff pastry and green beans
Wednesday: Dad cooks! Burgers and roasted veggies
Thursday: Chicken Stirfry (frozen from Trader Joe's)
Seared Ahi Tuna Steaks
1. 3/4 frozen Ahi Tuna steaks, thawed
* Melt 1 T butter and 2 T soy sauce in skillet.
* Add tuna and cook 3 minutes per side. This will leave the middle pink. Cook longer if desired.
Vegetable Fried Rice
1. 3 C. cooked rice
2. 3-4 green onions, sliced
3. 1/2 zucchini chopped
4. 1/2 C. peas and corn each
5. 2 eggs
6. 1 clove garlic chopped fine
7. 1 small can mushrooms
8. 1 T butter
9. 3-4 T vegetable oil (approx.)
* Melt butter in skillet. Scramble eggs and add to buter and cook. Remove eggs and set aside. Add vegetable oil and saute the rest of the vegetables until tender crisp. Add rice and eggs. Cook several minutes stirring a couple of times. Add soy sauce if desired.
1. sliced strawberries, bananas, and canned chunked pineapple ( any other fruit about to go bad in the fridge)
2. small container of favored yogurt
* Mix all together.
Turkey and Artichokes over Puff Pastry
1. 5 T. butter
2. 1/3 C all-purpose flour
3. 4-6 green onions, sliced
4. 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
5. 1 C. chicken broth
6. 1 & 1/2 C milk
7. 1/2 t salt
8. fresh ground pepper to taste
9. 3 C diced left over turkey
10. 1 can artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
11. 6-8 frozen puff pastry shells, baked (could also substitute rice, noodles or biscuits)
*In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender. Add flour and stir until smooth and well blended. Add broth, stirring until thickened. Add milk, salt, turkey, and artichokes. Cook until thick and bubbly. Pour over hot cooked pastry shells.
1. Fresh Broccoli, cauliflower, quartered onions, carrots, etc.
2. 1 clove garlic, chopped
3. 1-2 T olive oil
*Mix together and spead out on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 until edges are brown (about 25 minutes)